Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Punk’d

I finally got access to a picture on my phone, and I can’t wait any longer to blog about the event that is associated with it.

Here’s the set up:

The last time Adam and I visited St. George (where his family lives), there was one day that Adam helped his dad change a transmission in a car. You don’t have to know a lot about mechanics to know that changing a transmission is a lengthy process. They were gone for most of the day. I had a hard time entertaining myself, so I finally decided to go browse some stores.

With that said, imagine me being very bored, looking at anything I can to kill time. I had spent a significant amount of time wandering around TJ Maxx, and I only had one more display to look at.

I wasn’t particularly interested in what was on this display (shampoos and lotions…), when ALL OF A SUDDEN (this is where the interesting part comes) this girl hurries over and just pushes in front of me. I’m thinking, “wow, you must be in a rush.” It was like she didn’t even care I was standing there. Rude right? Well, I’m not interested in fighting back, so I just took a step back and waited for her to finish.

Then… she starts laughing. I’m thinking, “who does this punk think she is?” She was wearing a hat and sunglasses, and she stayed right in my way, laughing and looking over her shoulder. This is the part where I start getting mad. So then I look the direction that she keeps looking. I’m upset by this point, so I’m giving the ultimate dirty look. When I turned my head and looked, my brother-in-law was standing there taking pictures with his phone.

My sister-in-law Alicia turns around and busts up laughing… At which point I can’t help but groan. I’ve most definitely been Punk’d.

SSPX0384 

I’ll give them a lot of credit, they got me good. I’m so excited to visit these crazies. =))

2 comments:

  1. PAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I'm seriously busting up laughing at work. That is so stinkin' hilarious. I just love the photo cause it's exactly how I imagined you . . . Just standing there . . . in disbelief . . . not fighting back . . . just in disbelief . . .

    I think I like your in-laws =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!! too bad I cant keep my game face on....it could have been soo much better if I hadn't started laughing, but the look on your face was priceless:). Too bad I hadn't listened to caleb's idea...he wanted to take a pic of me secretly standing next to you, then send you the pic....maybe next time.....:)

    ReplyDelete